Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Breakfast in Bed

As part of the Wedding Shower Weekend, Lindsay's friend, Kristen, came in town from Washington State. We kicked Chris out and I hosted the girls for an old fashioned slumber party. We chit-chatted (as only girls can do) cooked, ate, laughed, watched movies... everything short of mud masks and manicures! 

On Saturday morning, Lindsay and Kristen went for a walk while I cleaned up and did a little work. All of a sudden I heard a noise coming from "Lindsay's Room" (aka, the guest room). It was a low rumble, then a groan, then the distinct words, "Katie! There's a rumbly in my tumbly!". Naturally, I was confused as I thought I was home alone. I opened the door to find Lindsay's bear, Pooh, rolled over in the bed looking quite distraught.

So, I whipped him up some pancakes:

  Have you ever seen a happier bear?

Lindsay and I have been friends since we were 11... and I'm pretty sure we've both decided that we'll NEVER grow up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment