Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Monday, March 7, 2011

Big Shoes to Fill

Last week Chris and I attended a dinner benefiting the Center for Hearing and Speech. It was a lovely dinner hosted at one of my favorite venues, the River Oaks Country Club.

My dear friend Stephanie and her mom were the auction co-chairs... and they rounded up some great items for the silent auction! We put in some bids for restaurant certificates, tailored shirts and fancy purses.

But the item we won was...
An autographed pair of Yao Ming's shoes!

So practical.

Here is my tennis shoe, Chris' tennis shoe and Yao's tennis shoe:
Right now we're in the market for a shadow box big enough to display the goods. Until then, they'll be hiding in Chris' closet next to his Les Miles autographed LSU footballs and some sort of autographed baseball bat that I'm not allowed to use...

No comments:

Post a Comment