Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Royal Wedding of Texas Part One

Another big event that happened between Disney trips was the wedding of my childhood bestie, Lindsay!! I was honored to be the the Maid of Honor and got to enjoy all the happiness, laughter, memories (and a tiny bit of stress) during the wedding weekend!

The weekend started with a Bridesmaid's luncheon hosted by my mom and I. We had ordered a floral arrangement earlier in the week and I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out:
Lunch at the League with the ladies was the perfect way to start the weekend. 
And my favorite wedding gift idea...
A money tree! It's cash, folded up and put in a planter. Brilliant!

Later Lindsay and I ran some last minute errands where she wore this awesome get-up:
And still later we rehearsed the ceremony:
These are all random snapshots taken by the bridesmaids, so I don't have any from the Rehearsal Dinner, but it was delicious and so much fun! They had a really cute slideshow and the toasts were poignant. 
Afterwards Lindsay and I went back to her childhood home for a slumber party. Tomorrow I'll post "behind the scenes" photos from the wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment