Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

This weekend Chris and I frantically drove to Baton Rouge because of a NEW ADDITION to our family!! I will post photos and stories of Jojo and Jeremy's exciting weekend tomorrow.

I thought I'd share some Halloween photos with you today, though.

Here I am at my first Halloween:
That's me, waiting to be born. And my mom dressed as a very pregnant girl scout!

Here's my brother dressed up as a clown (this was before I was born):
And here is Chris (possibly the same year...)
 I guess clowns were "in" in the late 70's?

For some reason, my parents allowed me to trick-or-treat long after it was age appropriate... here I am at 15 (maybe 14?)
My crafty mom made that mask. We both still love the Jack-in-the-Box commercials!

So while I was one that refused to grow up, Chris dressed up as a boy who refused to grow up:
Chris and I still haven't chosen what we'll wear tonight... but with a large costume box in the attic, I'm sure we'll find something. Laura (Chris' brothers' wife) and I were laughing that just like us, she and Justin are known among their friends as the ones to have random costume pieces ready at a moments notice.

Have a safe and Happy Halloween!

1 comment: