Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Cross stitched Christmas

I have a secret.

I'm a cross stitcher. 

I am young, I watch America's Next Top Model, I use my iPad frequently... and I like to cross stitch. I know, that might seem confusing to those of you who have nightmares of grandma's cross stitched cat pillows... but it's true.

For Christmas, I have two projects that I display during the season. The first is somewhat unfinished:
They are guest towels in the washroom.

One is "Three French Hens":
And the other is "A Partridge in a Pear Tree":
 (both are poorly photographed)

Those "Two Turtle Doves" are just going to have to wait another year!

The second project is a wall hanging:
Three panels that placed together celebrate baby Jesus.
Here's a closer look at my favorite panel:
I hope to someday have a third cross stitched project to display for Christmas: our stockings! When I got married I really wanted to find a Christmas stocking pattern that I could repeat for Chris and I, then our children. But I've had a hard time finding a pattern that I really like. So, until then, we have this do-fer*
So now you know my secret hobby. Try not to judge too harshly.

* A 'do-fer' is something that will do for now. Get it? Got that one from my old high school theater teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment