Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Monday, January 16, 2012

Patio Progress

My dear friend, Jackie, visited me from Dallas this weekend and we had a great time catching up. She made a great observation-- since we live in different cities, our weekends together are just like an extended "catch up" brunch. So true!

Although we did have some Houston outings-- queso and margaritas at El Tiempo, movie night at the Community Beard Theater and a trip to church that turned into a trip to Starbucks due to the Houston Marathon (whoopsie)-- we spent most of our time hanging out on our new patio.

And since I didn't take any photos this weekend (whoopsie, again), I've chosen to share some progress photos. Remember what it used to look like?

Well this weekend Jackie and I were able to enjoy major improvements.
See that sofa in the background? I took not one, but two naps on it this weekend!
And while Jackie and I were enjoying girl talk, beautiful weather and in general a great lazy Sunday... Chris was hard at work as usual!

Just when I think he's finished with the backyard, he comes home with a new tree or piece of furniture! This weekend it was a lime tree, an orange tree and three eucalyptus trees. He put them by the shed:
There is still work to be done before we throw some champagne on the hull and announce the backyard complete... but it's nice to be able to enjoy it on those nice weather days! Especially when a special friend is in town to enjoy it too!

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to enjoy the luxury of a fantasic patio, well done Chris. And Katie is a pro nap taker. I, however, have maintained my amateur status :-P .

    ReplyDelete