Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Monday, October 15, 2012

How NOT to clean a Wub-a-Nub

Bradley LOVES his Wub-a-Nubs!

A Wub-a-Nub is basically a pacifier with a little animal attached to it. It's easier for him to keep the pacifier in his mouth this way. Which makes mom and dad very happy!

Being a new mom (and therefore petrified of all germs) I decided I needed to sterilize the Wub-a-Nubs. Since the pacifier is attached to the animal, you can't just throw them in the steamer. I googled how to clean them and read that I should dip the pacifier part in boiling water for 5 minutes.

It started well, but soon I smelled something burning.


See his little paw? Well that's not the worst of it!


Poor guy! So it's back to soap and water for our Wub-a-Nubs... boiling water clearly is NOT the answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment