Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Monday, November 18, 2013

Bradley's 2013 Pumpkin Adventures

Back in early October, Bradley and his two BFFs checked out the St. Luke's Pumpkin Patch after brunch.
I came too.
Later in October the Baton Rouge cousins got together for their (now annual) Pumpkin Patch photos!
Lucy was not feeling it:
Bradley and Maria talked about how they could cheer her up:
They headed over to the photo backdrop:
Yep. That cheered Lucy right up!
Lastly, a spin on the wheelbarrow:
That was a successful adventure.

Unlike the third (and last) time I tried a pumpkin photo with Bradley this year...

Have you seen those adorable photos of babies in pumpkins? If not, check these out here.

After seeing my facebook and pinterest pages full of amazing photos of babies in pumpkins... I was determined to get an adorable photo of my little pumpkin, too! How hard could that be, right?

Ask me in person about how I even got this pumpkin (it involves pouring rain; Bradley in a Baby Bjorn dressed in full rain gear; me trouncing through the mud, pushing a huge pumpkin in a wheelbarrow with Bradly attached to me; a closed pumpkin patch and more tears than I'd like to admit to... all mine). Long story short? I worked hard for this pumpkin!!

 Bradley was happy to watch Chris take out the pumpkin guts:
In fact, he was in a great mood!
I just knew that this was going to be a great picture of my smiling little pumpkin inside the huge pumpkin I had worked so hard to get.
Things did not go well.
At all.

We tried to bribe him with a cookie:
But then all I had was a screaming baby in a pumpkin with cookie crumbs in his mouth.
This wraps up Bradley's 2013 Pumpkin Adventures. I think it's safe to say he's glad it's over. Bradley, you're free!
Until next year...



2 comments:

  1. Well, he will not remember this trauma. But he will love the pics when he is, say....... 30?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for sharing Bradley's adventures. Can't wait to see you all in February. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete