Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Monday, March 10, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013

I'm just a tad behind on my holidays (considering it's March!) but trying to catch up on the last 5 months!

We spent Thanksgiving week at the Hill compound in Baton Rouge, but took a day trip to New Orleans so the cousins could pick out a special Christmas ornament from Santa's Workshop. This was a tradition started by Jojo, Jeremy and Maria and we were all excited to join in this year! Just imagine, three toddlers roaming around a fairly tight shop full of expensive glass ornaments... yikes! Thankfully we only walked out with our chosen ornaments (instead of also walking out with a bunch of broken glass!). We gathered the kids for a group photo by the nutcracker:
You can see Bradley holding the t-bone steak ornament that Chris picked out. Bradley chose a Noah's ark and I chose broccoli. Yep. Broccoli.

Afterwards we enjoyed the streets of New Orleans, then pastries and cafe au lait at a little cafe. It was a fun day!

On Thanksgiving, I made the traditional Beard Corn Casserole. I have many memories of helping my mom when I was little. I was usually in charge of crushing the crackers. So this year, I got Bradley in the kitchen to help out!

Later the cousins got together for a group shot...
One more try?
Three little Indians!

Maria and Bradley trying to escape to the other side of the compound:
Bradley's teacher and class made this adorable pumpkin/turkey which we brought for the table decoration:
Bradley was happy to spend Thanksgiving with his Louisiana family:
Very,
very,
happy!





No comments:

Post a Comment