Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Christmas Eve

A few months ago I got an email asking if I would be interested in having Brenham play Baby Jesus at our church's Christmas Eve service. Of course! I told Chris about it and he was equally happy about it. Then I told him that I would be playing Mary- which Chris thought was fun, too. Then I saw a lightbulb click and he asked, "wait a minute, who is playing Joseph?". With some convincing, he got on board... and that's how the Hill family ended up playing the Holy Family this Christmas:
It was truly a special honor and a fun Christmas memory that we'll always have!

Sadly, the lighting does us no favors here:
Jesus (with a pacifier), Mary, Joseph and... James? Well, perhaps not totally accurate...

Bradley loved seeing the donkey backstage:


Earlier on Christmas Eve we spent time with my side of the family. Here are the Beard cousins:
You can see how elated Bradley and Theo were that we decided to take this photo!

And some shots that I tried to get of my handsome little men:
We certainly didn't have a Silent Night this Christmas Eve, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! "Wait a minute......" (Chris said). Yep. The best candidate for Joseph I know of. I was impressed with Brenham being quietly awake through it all. And Chris saved the day when the donkey tried to wander off stage and Chris held the rope. Bradley sat fascinated (in the audience with Mimi and PapaT) and took it all in. A great family memory for sure!

    ReplyDelete