Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pi Day

On March 14th, I thought it would be fun to make some pies! Chris thought the idea was great, too! As long as I included apple pie. I wanted blueberry and we both wanted something savory. That is how we ended up with 5 pies on this Pi Day!

My mom came over to teach Bradley and I the correct way to make a pie crust... five times over!
As expected, there was flour... everywhere! Even on Brenham!
And especially on Bradley:
My friend, Lindsay, came over to help with the fillings (and did an amazing job with the crust topping-- especially the lattice on the apple pie!):
Bradley could hardly wait for his pie dinner... and dessert!
It was a long day in the kitchen, but the results were delicious!
Chicken Pot Pie, Apple Pie, (mini) Crawfish Pie, Blueberry Pie and Shepherd's Pie. Whew!

1 comment: