Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Friday, December 31, 2010

Cookie Exchange

About a week before Christmas I hosted a cookie exchange for the ladies in my life. And boy did we make some good cookies!

For the occasion I cooked Ina Garten's Chicken Satay:
And Spinach Balls from Chris' mom's recipe book:
I also made the Baked Brie that I talked about yesterday and meatballs... but I forgot to take photos.

I encouraged those that have them to bring kids... and created this activity space for them:
I'm not going to lie... that was adorable.

Of course, we had drinks:
(Not pictured is the delicious champagne punch that I borrowed from a blog I follow betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com.)

But I did get a close up of the wine markers:
I didn't take any photos during the party... but here's one last of the cookie loot:

No comments:

Post a Comment