Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry Christmas!

It's January 2nd... doesn't it feel like Christmas happened months ago? I feel like I need to rush to take down my Christmas lights!

Chris and I drove to Baton Rouge on Christmas morning (we opened gifts on Christmas Eve) and spent the evening having a wonderful Christmas dinner with the Hunsuckers. Ms. Julia is an amazing cook and decorator-- I love watching her in action (especially in their newly remodel kitchen)! Regretfully, I did not take any photos this year, but here's one from last year:
At each place setting is a Christmas Cracker (or popper) and inside are little trinkets and a paper crown! Always a hit!
(Also from last year)

The day after Christmas Liz M. hosted her second annual "Boxing Day" Party. And for the second year in a row, I wore my adult Christmas onesie. This is not supposed to be a costume party... but somehow it ended up that way last year:
This year I wasn't feeling well, but still wore the onesie! I didn't take any photos, though.

The next day I still wasn't feeling well and couldn't make it to the engagement party for the eldest Hunsucker son and his fiance. I did send our gift with Chris, though... personalized pyrex dishes! Apparently this was quite the hit and I was asked to come by and show the ladies how I created them once I was feeling better.

Thankfully, by Tuesday, I was feeling better. Because PD had gotten us tickets to see Jerry Jeff Walker at the Listening Room. This literally just a room with seating for about 150. Half of that seating is on sofas and lounge chairs. JJW brought his wife and his dog and for an hour and a half I sat motionless listening to his stories and music. It was absolutely amazing. I only snapped one pic and it was of Bear (the dog) and Jerry Jeff jamming out together.
It was magical. I was so thankful to my generous father-in-law,  PD for giving us that opportunity!

The next day was the Cricut party and I showed about 5 of the ladies from the engagement party some of my tricks and tips. They all agreed that I was on to something and suggested I try to share my talents with the world! So I've started a store, called "A Little Something Extra". You can find it at www.etsy.com/shop/katiekomo. As of this writing I haven't actually put up anything for sale... but that should change by the end of today! (Hopefully!)

I am often so humbled and grateful for my family (the Beards, the Hills AND the Couvillions!). Chris and I drove back on New Year's Eve morning, happy and full of new memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment