Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Friday, February 25, 2011

Gma

I've mentioned Chris' grandmother (Gma) before. She's  a spunky woman who likes to pass a good time... just like her sons (and grandsons!):

(That's Justin, Gma and Chris at Johanna & Jeremy's wedding.)

She 's been staying with Uncle Dewey in Buffalo, New York. And a few a weeks ago, she fell quite ill. Uncle Dewey took her to the ER and called the family. For a short while, the doctors weren't sure what was going on. Thankfully, Dr. Clark came to the rescue and she was up and running (well, walking) in a few days.

During this time, she saw multiple nurses, doctors and hospital staff and she told them all the same thing, "You have to get me better, I'm going to Mardi Gras on Saturday! My son is the King and I won't miss it for anything!"

I'm happy to report they listened to her instructions! Gma is ready for the Krewe of Orion Parade and Masquerade... starting in just 32 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment