Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day four-- Fantasyland

Today started with a boat ride to the Magic Kingdom:



Followed by a trolley ride to the castle:



Then a ride on a flying elephant:



My dad flew too!



Later we flew in a magic pirate ship:



And spun in a large tea cup (pink of course!):



We even braved a rocket ship:



And the Haunted Mansion:



And just as we were about to leave, my dad insisted that we take a ride on the carrousel:




Not pictured are the Winnie the Pooh ride, Pirates of the Caribbean, the second trip on Peter Pan (where I randomly ran into a friend from college!) or the boat ride home (where I randomly ran into family friends of my husband's!). I feel it would be wrong to me NOT to say something about it being a "Small World".

After a long and hot morning we rested and headed back out for an evening at Epcot! I only have one photo of that and it's of my mom on the segway:



But we also enjoyed the Seas with Nemo, Turtle Talk with Crush, Test Track and a great fireworks show.

Whew! Even I'm started to get tired from all the fun!

Tomorrow we'll do the opposite of today- Epcot in the morning and the Magic Kingdom at night. With a (hopefully long) nap in the middle!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I love all the rides ya'll went on! :) Isn't it great when you meet up with people in WDW of all places? Talk about bringing people together.

    ReplyDelete