Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Four years ago I bought a craft kit from Martha Stewart's line of crafts.

We all know how I feel about Martha Stewart.

This, however, really was surprisingly simple and turned out great. The kit had materials to make a leaf wreath for fall. It included the wreath form and lots of paper leaves attached to wire. Mine turned out pretty great.
Full disclosure: that is not the wreath I made. I don't have any photos of it... but it looked similar to this. In case  you're super worried about me posting photos that aren't mine... I found this photo here.

After four years of use, then storage (and three moves) my wreath began to look... well... not great.

So I re-purposed it! Or you might say I up-cycled it. Whatever the catch phrase is this week.

First I took apart the wreath and detached the wires from the paper leaves. Then I sewed them together.
There was no rhyme or reason, I just grabbed the next leaf and tried not to make everything too uniform.
Once they were all sewn together, I had a fun garland to hang in the dining room:
It adds a some fun, fall flair to the feasting room.

By the way, this post is brought to you by the letter F.

Not really.

I'm glad I didn't throw the wreath away...
You're welcome, environment.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I, however, will be returning from Maine with a beaucoup of pressed fall leaves collected from the ground. They will not be as sturdy as your leaves, but they should look nice scattered about on the dining table. Martha Stewart might say I was "cheating" though.

    ReplyDelete