Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pillow Stealer

When Chris and I first got married, Chris begrudgingly allowed Gordon (who I brought into the marriage) to sleep in the bed with us.

My dog, loves to sleep.

At first, Gordon stayed near the foot of the bed. Then, we noticed that he's been creeping up towards our heads. More recently he gets right between us and puts his head parallel with ours-- as though he wants to join the slumber party.

But after last night, I've had enough. I had just started to doze off when I felt some paws on my pillow... then I felt Gordon plop himself down... On. My. Pillow. I sat up, turned on the light and snapped this photo (my phone is also my alarm clock and my camera):
You can see how he walked around my head to get up on the pillow. I kindly removed him and feel asleep... only to find him in that same spot the next morning! (I guess I slept hard.)

I'm going to try and put a pillow at the foot of the bed and see if he gets the hint. If that doesn't work, he'll have his own private little bed with a little pillow and a little blanket... in his kennel!

No comments:

Post a Comment