Tales from the Hill's Country

Quips, stories and observations from our adventures in marriage and parenting (as told by Katie).

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day two-- We made it!

Knowing we were in Florida, was there any doubt on where we'd end up?




Disney World!!!

Now, again, I understand the abnormality of this vacation. I just came back three weeks ago and now I'm here again with my parents?! But this was not a planned trip. My dad has been so jealous of my Disney adventures this year, that I finally told him to get the motor home ready and I'd go as long as my Annual Pass was still in effect. He came back with, "let's leave Monday." So that's the reason for my fifth (and final!) trip to Disney World this year. I mean really. Who does this??

After arriving at Disney World he headed to the Magic Kingdom resorts:



And to the campgrounds:



I'll get a photo of our campsite tomorrow, but just know that it's VERY different than the last time I was here! (In a tent!)

After we got somewhat settled in, I decided to spend an hour or so at the Magic Kingdom. My parents don't have their tickets yet, so I left them at the Motor Home to rest.

I've had fun playing with the Hipstamatic ap this trip! Since I have enough photos of the parks, this will be a fun way to try capture it differently.



(That's my favorite.)



(Well, maybe this one is...)

Soon enough it was time to head back to get my parents and take them to the Chip and Dale marshmallow roast and sing along. Yeehaw!



Cowboy Mark led the tunes and Chip and Dale visited with the guests:



We then went to the beach to watch the Electrical Water Pageant and the Wishes fireworks.

My parents are already exhausted... and they haven't even spent a day at the parks yet!! Keep posted to see if they make it out of bed tomorrow-- it'll be an early morning wake up call (6:30!!) with a full day of playing at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Disney World

No comments:

Post a Comment